UX/UI Design Intern
We’re Hiring! UX/UI Design Intern(s) Needed
Experience Design Intern (UX/UI)
As an Experience Design Intern (UX/UI), you will be involved in our design thinking process and the creation of innovative mobile, tablet and web products. You will bridge the gap between design, business, and technology to ship world-class digital experiences for leading companies and global brands.
We are seeking UX/UI design intern(s) to work closely with our Chief Digital Officer and development team. You will be involved in our design thinking process and the creation of innovative mobile, tablet and web products. You will bridge the gap between design, business, and technology to ship world-class digital experiences for leading companies and global brands.
Who You Are…
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, who is curious in expanding their knowledge and experience in UX conventions and UI patterns for application design.
We’re a highly collaborative team with ambitious products and tight deadlines, so it’s important you are able to prioritize your work, communicate clearly, and both give and take feedback.
What You’ll Do…
- Create robust wireframes that define interaction models, customer journeys, and user flows
- Create front-end prototypes for testing new features
- Define design processes that encourage collaboration between the design and product teams
- Communicate design decisions to all team members
- Take on challenges that go above and beyond your current skill level
- Have a do-what-it-takes attitude towards problem solving
Your experience should include:
- Excellent skills with Adobe creative suite
- An understanding of HTML + CSS
- Ability to produce high-fidelity design comps, rapidly
- 2+ years of designing for mobile and web (School or Work)
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate both innovative UX solutions and strong visual design
- Demonstrated, deep understanding of best practices and the latest trends in designing for mobile and web
- Demonstrated, strong grasp of user-centered design
- Startup experience or strong desire to join one highly desired
Your skills should include:
- A playful aesthetic sensibility
- A keen eye for detail
- Proactivity. You should be outcome-oriented
- The ability to prioritize and multitask when given aggressive deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an iterative design process
- Creative problem solving
- Clear communication. You’re comfortable both giving and receiving honest feedback
WHAT WE’LL PROVIDE…
- The freedom to express yourself, create, learn, and innovate
- Flexible hours
- The chance to rise quickly and influence company direction
- Potential future employment with the company for successful candidates
Internships are a minimum duration of 3 months, can accommodate school-year schedules, and positions have paid opportunities if staffed on client work. We’re open to longer-term internships as well, so please let us know your availability. An internship at 1118 is a great introduction to the field of interactive design, and a great opportunity to introduce yourself to the studio.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examples of work demonstrating original interface design solutions
- Examples showing your understanding of fundamental design practice and principals
Be sure to also include: your weekly availability and your earliest possible start date.
No recruiters, please.
1118 is a digital agency offering strategy, design, and development across a wide range of technologies and platforms. We cater to innovative enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy, bringing them the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting, the technical chops of systems integration consulting, all combined with the UX-first approach of a seasoned product team.